I saw an awesome story last week â€“ the deans of the law schools at Arizona State University, University of Arizona, and Phoenix School of Law petitioned the Arizona Supreme Court to allow 3Ls to take the February bar exam before they graduate. I think it’s a brilliant idea.
If 3Ls can take the bar exam, they will be admitted to practice so much faster. This was my 3L year and admission to the Arizona Bar:
- Mid-August â€“ Mid-December: Fall Semester
- Mid-December â€“ Mid-January: Winter Break
- Mid-January â€“ April: Spring Semester
- May â€“ July: Study for & Take the Bar Exam
- July â€“ September: Wait
- Early October: Results Out â€“ I passed!
- November: Recommended for admission to the Arizona Bar (I had to track down a few documents for character and fitness)
- December: Admitted to the Arizona Bar
- Total Time: ~15.5 months