Day 91 of theÂ 90 Days of AwesomeÂ is in the bank! What made today awesome?Â I had a good day living at two speeds.
I warned you I’d do the 90 Days of Awesome until the end of August.
My life tends to oscillate between two speeds: full-speed ahead and crash-and-burn. Moderation is a foreign concept for the most part without deliberate thought and diligence. I was up at 5am and literally hit the ground running today, which got me on a roll of activity:
- Ran 4.2 miles â€“ it feels good to see myself building up endurance.
- Visited Rev. Patrick â€“ I appear and disappear at will at CCH.
- Bought potting soil at the nursery for the patio garden.
- Went to the market for paprika and vegetarian bouillon.
- Made Terry’s lentil soup â€“ love this recipe! I use extra broth instead of wine.
- Boiled chicken for Rosie â€“ yes, she gets chopped chicken with every meal. She’s spoiled.
- Planted broccoli, cucumbers, and greens beans on the patio â€“ peas and parsley will be planted later this season.
By 2:30, I was exhausted and felt a massive headache coming on despite being conscientious about drinking water throughout the day. From warp speed to full stop – I popped two acetaminophen, threw The Perks of Being a Wallflower into the DVD player for background noise, and collapsed onto the couch for a nap and woke up about 90 minutes later. After I woke up, I still had a few items to crank through on my to-do list, mostly house chores that didn’t require too much mental capacity. Thank goodness for that because my body woke up significantly earlier than my brain.
Practicing moderation is part of my recovery, but until I get better at that, I’ll have to keep doing the up-and-down lifestyle. Thankfully, my life has the flexibility to allow me to take naps when I need them most days.
In case you missed it: Day 90 of the 90 Days of Awesome â€“ Celebrating the Life of Atticus VanSlyke.