In honor of my 34th trip around the sun, I thought I’d share 34 things about me you may not have known.
1. My favorite color is blue. My signature color is pink.
2. The only adrenaline rush adventure I won’t do again is ride in a hot air balloon. I rode in one once and had a strong urge to jump out when we were about 100 feet off the ground.
3. I won’t answer my phone when I’m naked unless I’m OK with the person calling seeing me naked.
4. I will buy a lottery ticket if the jackpot is at least $200 million.
5. I’m not Jewish, but I love the phrase â€œmazel tov.â€
6. My favorite flower is the stargazer lily.
7. I know pi out to 10 decimal places (3.1415926535â€¦).
8. I don’t have a green thumb. Don’t give me a houseplant because I will ignore it until it dies.
9. I am an existentialist.
10. I can and will untie your shoelaces with my toes.
11. It’s a sign of affection if I address you by first and middle name. The middle name I use for you may or may not be your legal middle name.
12. I don’t use my real name when ordering coffee.
13. My childhood babysitter gave me the nickname â€œSnicklefritz.â€
15. I love British words like â€œspinster.â€
16. Sometimes I speak with a British accent for no reason, and I’ll still claim to be from California.
17. If I warn you that I’m going to bite you, I will really bite you if you keep doing whatever you’re doing that’s annoying me.
18. I can’t stand having anything between my toes so I can’t wear flip flops or toe socks.
19. I hate valets. I don’t like letting strangers drive my car.
20. I failed my depth perception test. It’s funny to watch me try to parallel park.
21. I need to know your personality to find you attractive. That’s why I tend not to have crushes on celebrities – they’re just pretty faces because I don’t know what they’re like in real life.
22. I can’t guarantee I’ll shower every day.
23. I am a Starfleet captain – and yes I earned it. (Don’t ask me how, just accept it.) When I wear my Starfleet uniform in public (yes, it’s a uniform, not a costume), I expect to be addressed as â€œCaptainâ€ by those who know what it means.
24. Given the choice, I prefer to be called â€œsirâ€ over â€œma’amâ€ and â€œDoctorâ€ over â€œMiss.â€
25. I’ve had 3 concussions. I’m sure that explains a lot. My head is so dented my friend calls it â€œthe skate park.â€
26. My all-time favorite flavor of ice cream is vanilla.
27. I’ve had 14 body piercings. I’m currently down to 2.
28. I’d tattoo the bottoms of my feet a la Alan Rickman in Blow Dry if I wouldn’t walk it off.
29. Don’t feel bad if I don’t like your child. I hate 99.9% of all children.
30. I love the way I look when I sit â€œIndian styleâ€ but it’s really uncomfortable.
31. I strive to have all my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving.
32. Two of my biggest pet peeves are being late and getting lost.
33. I don’t like bacon maple doughnuts. I like bacon and I like maple bars, but not the combination of the two.
34. Despite all evidence to the contrary, I’m an introvert.