I’ve wanted an authentic antique soapbox for a long time.Â My goal was to find one that was large enough and sturdy enough to support my weight so I could literally â€œstand on my soapboxâ€ when I had something to say.Â Since I have yet to be successful in finding such a soapbox, a blog will have to do.
My friend best described me best when she wrote, â€œShe’s funny and does weird things that make people laugh.â€Â We were in 8th grade when she wrote it but I’d say it’s still accurate today.Â I’ve always been the oddball and most of the time, I like it that way.Â
If I had to pick one noun to describe me, I’d say I’m a performer.Â I don’t have to be the star all the time, but I strive for excellence in what I do, and I’m not afraid to put myself out there.Â As a kid, I was a competitive gymnast.Â As an adult, I’m a singer and I organize events with Improv AZ.Â Our most recent prank was the annual No Pants Light Rail Ride.Â I’m not going to deny it â€“ I love the spotlight.
I’m also a great big geek.Â I studied the hard sciences for years until I couldn’t stand working in the lab any longer.Â To this day I still like math, I celebrate science holidays, and yes, I’m a Trekkie.Â Â Currently I’m in my second year of law school with hopes of working in intellectual property litigation (copyrights, trademarks, etc.) after graduation.
And maybe some aspects of me are a little strangeâ€¦
- I can’t wear flip flops because I can’t stand to have anything between my toes.
- Sometimes I entertain myself by using a fake British accent.
- I have worn the same necklace almost every day forÂ nearly 13 years.Â My friends know not to buy me everyday jewelry because I’ll never wear it.
- As un-girly as I am, my signature color is pink.
- I carry a quarter in my purse for the sole purpose of flipping it if I’m having trouble making an arbitrary decision.
So we’ll see what I have to say.Â I get pretty riled up about ideas sometimes so it should be entertaining.Â Thanks Jeff for getting me set up with this.